||Tue, July 1, 2008
American Chess University
American Chess University's mission is to develop instructional management programs for Teachers, Chess Coaches and Trainers. This FIDE and USCF sanctioned organization offers a complete curriculum designed for chess professionals.
We provide the following educational programs:
- Two-Day Seminars for Teachers and Paraprofessionals
- Independent Study
- FIDE Training Seminars
- Small Group Projects
American Chess University actively promotes chess as an academic enrichment activity.
The workshops are appropriate for:
- Chess Coaches and trainers wanting to learn more about effective chess instruction;
- Project groups beginning to chess as an educational tool;
- Application developers who want to better understand implementation considerations for chess and curriculum development;
- Funding agencies wanting to disseminate information on funding opportunities for chess program in their communities;
- Strategic planners wanting to learn more about chess as an educational and developmental tool for children and youth;
- People who are working on Research relate to chess in education;
- Chess Clubs and USCF affiliates who are working collaboratively with the schools and other youth organizations.